“Azerbaijan Institute of Standardization” (AZSTAND) public legal entity was established as a national standardization body by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan No. 1234 dated February 10, 2017 and the Institute was entrusted with the functions of development and application of standards as well as representation of standards in international organizations.
The main activities of the institute:
- Development, adoption and repeal of national standards
- Management of the State Standards Fund
- Maintenance and registration of normative documents on technical regulation and standardization
- Coordination of the activities of the Technical Committees for Standardization
- Conformity assessment activities (certification and laboratory testing)
Representation of the Republic of Azerbaijan in international and regional organizations on standardization:
- A full member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) since 2017
- Participant in the Affiliate Country Program of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- Representation in the European Organization for Standardization (CEN) as a Partner Standardization Body (CSB).